Vang Vieng,Laos | A Heaven On The Earth – Travel Experience
I visited Vang Vieng, Laos recently. It was a superb experience for me. As a new traveler and it’s just a 3rd country that I visited outside my nation India after China and Thailand. Vang Vieng is a good tourist spot with number of tourists visiting it increasing day by day dramatically.
Is Vang Vieng Safe ?
Yes, Vang vieng is a very safer place to travel either alone or in a group. As like in any part of Laos, Vang Vieng has a good locals who are happy to have a conversation with you and help you. Laos is normally a country with poor economy. Like in any other tourist destination, Taxi, Tuk Tuk drivers tries their very best to extract money from travelers. I had a really awkward experience and got cheated on my first day in Vang Vieng. But later, the surroundings made me to feel better and the dorm I stayed was really superb where Vietnamese people were managing that hotel.
How Expensive is Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng is pretty much cheap. You can get a bear for 1.5 $ and foods are available from 1$ to expensive ones. There are many small street shops where you can explore the local food. Laos Cities are getting used to the western culture. As far as I have seen, to be honest, people are losing their own identity due to the exposure of foreign culture, that is bit sad. Cost wise you can run a day with 5 – 7 $.
Tubing in Vang Vieng
Tubing costs 60000 Lao Kip, I think it is almost 10$. But you will get 40000 Kip back when you return the tube. Every people tries tubing, because it is one of the formalities. But really it is a good one to try. Tubing through the beautiful river, mountains, trees, various plants on one end and beautiful resorts on the other end. Tubing is off course a must try one in Vang Vieng. Don’t miss it.
Overall wherever you are in Laos don’t forget to have Beer Lao and Black Beer Lao and also enjoy the mesmerizing view of beautiful Laos.
Travel Warning And Tips
There are no many tips. But there are few.
- Beware of Tuk Tuk drivers and don’t hesitate to bargain with them for a ride.
- Don’t buy local packed sweets or snacks, they are mostly expired.
- Always have an Umbrella with you, because the weather is mad and will start raining with no clues.
- Also beware of heat, because of the mad weather, you won’t know when the sun will burn your skin.
- Try local foods and in other hand take care of your stomach.
- I would suggest you to bring the necessary medicines with you.
- Don’t mess with locals, if you don’t want to accept their offer, just politely ignore and move away with a smile, because there will be lot of people approaching you on night for paid sex, cocaine, weed etc.,
- Take care of your belongings 🙂
Have a great trip in Vang Vieng, wish you a happy and safe journey. Your comments are most welcome.